Receiving notifications on your home or lock screen is one of the best services that you get absolutely FREE. Plus, it’s the easiest way to know what other users are saying while you’re busy in your meeting or working in the office. And imagine that you stop receiving notifications from apps, there is a chance that you will miss important information that could have been useful to you.
Yes!! It’s possible. In the same way, many users around the world may find this notification feature annoying. Although they can make the necessary changes in the Settings every time those Snapchat notifications are activated. In this situation, the only way to know about updates/messages/information is to visit the app each time to check what the message is about.
Also Read: How to find and add someone on Snapchat without username or number
Snapchat notifications and how to keep it private on your iPhone
For example, if you have Snapchat on your iPhone and you’re active in the social media app, you’ll get notifications about almost everything that happens on your account. and there are always people who are sitting near you and have their eyes on everything you are doing on your phone.
It feels like the other person is stalking you by looking at every notification you receive and that feels pretty weird. And since you have all the control in your hands, it’s time to use this situation as a reason to make Snapchat notifications private.
We can keep those unwanted people or stalkers confused with the notification alert settings on your iPhone. Because iPhone gives you three options to customize notification settings like:
- Using default settings as current
- Hide notifications only on the lock screen
- Hide notifications completely on your iPhone
The above options on your iPhone give you enough control to handle those Snapchat notifications your way. However, when you choose the second option, you will be able to see the notifications but not the content. For example, the Snapchat notification will look something like, Notification; Snapchat.
Also Read: How to take a screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing
Let’s Get Started Keeping Your Snapchat Notifications Private on iPhone
A. The first step would be to make sure the iPhone passcode is enabled (if not, see the steps below):
- Opened Settings on your iOS device and navigate to Touch ID & Passcode.
- Tap on Touch ID & Passcode and tap on the Turn Passcode on feature on your device.
- If the passcode is already enabled on your iPhone, please enter the already set passcode to enter the passcode settings to enable the passcode.
- Put in the access code twice for save the settings successfully and exit Touch ID & Passcode function.
- Once the passcode has been enabled on your device, you must look for Notifications under Settingsity
- Tap on Notifications; scroll down to check the Snapchat app on the list; tap the app.
Note that the apps have been listed in alphabetical order, so you don’t need to trouble your eyes.
7. Provided that the default settings remain the same, click Show Previews & change it to When Unlocked from Always (Default).
once you change the default settings from Always to When Unlocked, the notifications you are currently receiving will stop. You will now only receive notifications if your device is locked, so there will be limited information about your notifications. Simple as that!!
Also Read: How to Change Snapchat Username Without Creating a New Account
Making your snapchat notifications private It is not complicated if we know the right path to follow. Just like any other app, people sitting near you start looking at your cell phone screen the moment you receive new notifications. Also, sometimes the user himself gets annoyed after getting notifications And that too while using the iPhone.
So it’s better than you receive the notifications whenever your device is locked and that too with limited information. Explore the feature from iPhone to keep your notifications as private as you want.
How to See Someone’s Snapchat Story Without Them Knowing
How to use two Snapchat accounts on one phone