Eight of them were selected for the French team following the national finals, which took place in Lyon from January 13 to 15, and five will take part in the world finals. Updated.
Press release from the Burgundy-Franche-Comté Regional Council of January 18, 2022:
46th national finals of the Skills Olympiad,
the Burgundians-Francs-Comtois in the spotlight
The national finals of the 46th edition of the WorldSkills France trades competition took place from January 13 to 15, 2022 in Lyon. Nearly 600 young champions took part over three days in tests for each of the 64 professions represented.
Eight Burgundians-Franc-Comtois are selected to be part of the France team. Five of them will participate in the world finals which will take place in Shanghai in October 2022.
The regional team, made up of 39 candidates in 34 trades, obtained 18 medals.
The selections to form the next regional team for 2023 will begin. These are open to all young people who will be under 23 in 2024, regardless of their education or status (high school student, apprentice, student, employee).
Led by the Region, which uses WorldSkills as a career guidance tool, detection and awareness-raising actions will be organized to publicize the competition but also the professional and personal enrichment it represents.
WorldSkills, Comité Français des Olympiades des Métiers (COFOM), is an association that promotes and coordinates the stages of the Regional Selections, organizes the national finals to form the French professional teams whose mission is to defend the colors of France during the European EuroSkills competition and also during the world competition WorldSkills Competition. This competition is organized every TWO years in one of the member states of the WorldSkills network.
WorldSkills France coordinates a network committed to promoting apprenticeship and work-study, mobility and young people in the trades.
Regional and national public authorities, social partners, professional and consular organizations, companies and volunteers, unite their efforts and combine their resources to enable France to participate in the WorldSkills Competition every two years.
For each session of the Trades Olympiads, the Bourgogne-Franche-Comté Region devotes €800,000 to trades information and guidance. .
– Food Trades – Bakery: Emile JEANNENOT (Bronze)
– Food trades – Restaurant service: Méline DUPRE (Bronze)
– Construction trades – Urban development and pipe networks: Léo BESANCON and Baptiste CAILLOT (silver)
– Construction trades – Reinforced concrete construction: Anthony BOSCH and Manuel GAUDIN (Gold)
– Construction trades – Metal roofing: Quentin BESANCON (Bronze)
– Construction trades – Cabinetmaker: Alexandre SARRAZIN (Bronze)
– Construction trades – Plumbing and Heating: Tom PEAN (Gold)
– Communication and Digital Professions – Administration of computer systems and networks: Adrien CHABOD (Bronze)
– Communication and Digital Professions – Web Technologies: Camille CHRIST (Bronze)
– Industry professions – DAO Industrial design: Thomas DIETSCHY (Silver)
– Industry Professions – Robotic Integrator: Maxime GAILLOT and Victor DUGRENOT (Gold)
– Plant professions – horticulture: Juliette PONCEY (Bronze)
– Service professions – nursing care: Jeanne ROUSSEL (Bronze)
Medals of Excellence
– Industrial mechanics: Lucas Bosson
– Automotive technology: Emilien Coudray
– Boilermaking: Louis Brun
– Fashion and design: Pauline Maréchal
– Painting and decoration: Romain Billy (youngest member of the team that joins the France team as a hopeful)
Photo: CFB Region