Vaccination of strategic security personnel began in late May. 29 thousand people received the first dose.
The schedule will continue according to the required time frames between the first and second doses, depending on the type of vaccine.
The Security personnel involved belong to the following areas:
• Prevention Agents
• Traffic Security Agents
• Civilians who perform functions in the Police and Firefighters
The vaccination was carried out between 8:00 and 17:00 at the headquarters of La Rural and Parque Roca. These are two of the public vaccination centers specially equipped and which are strategically distributed throughout the Buenos Aires territory in clubs, government buildings and cultural centers. As from the beginning of the vaccination plan, the operation was in charge of the Ministry of Health of the City, in coordination with the Ministry of Justice and Security.
The vaccination stages advance based on the criteria established by the National Government. As the date of a new vaccine delivery is notified, its quantity and which group should be destined, its application is started immediately.
These are the 6 stages:
• Health personnel (staging according to the risk of activity).
• Older adults age 70 and people residing in nursing homes or homes for the elderly in the City.
• Adults over 60 to 69 years old.
• Strategic staff.
• People between 18 and 59 years old with risk conditions.
• Other strategic groups defined by the jurisdictions according to the availability of doses.