Stars join NYC mega concert to celebrate reopening after pandemic

What you should know

  • It is expected that the mega concert in Central Park will have an audience of thousands and thousands of people to celebrate the recovery and reopening of the city after the pandemic. And now we are learning more about the stars who will headline the event.
  • Paul Simon, Bruce Springsteen and Jennifer Hudson are scheduled to participate in the grand musical event.
  • The mega concert is scheduled for August 21 in the Great Lawn section of the park.

NEW YORK – The mega concert in Central Park is expected to have an audience of thousands upon thousands to celebrate the city’s recovery and reopening after the pandemic. And now we are learning more about the stars who will headline the event.

Paul Simon, Bruce Springsteen and Jennifer Hudson are scheduled to participate in the grand musical event scheduled for August 21 in the Great Lawn section of the park.

Award-winning singer-songwriter Paul Simon, who sang in the legendary folk rock duo Simon & Garfunkel before an acclaimed solo career, is from Queens and is no stranger to headlining Central Park concerts – a 1981 free concert with Art Garfunkel drew to hundreds of thousands of spectators and a headlining concert in 1991 also drew an audience of hundreds of thousands, two events among the largest audiences in music history.

Singer and actress Jennifer Hudson rose to fame in the early years when she participated in the singing reality show. American Idol before winning a multitude of awards, including Grammys and an Oscar, and becoming not only a revered singer but also a respected actress.

The announcement that “The Boss” Bruce Springsteen, a native of New Jersey, will also headline New York City’s mega welcome concert comes on the heels of his hit Broadway show returned to the Big Apple for a limited series. of new actions, making it the first Broadway show to reopen since the theater industry closed due to the pandemic.

“Three incredible artists have stepped up and said they want to be part of New York City’s comeback,” Mayor Bill de Blasio said Thursday. “They want to help us do this and we are very grateful for all three.”

De Blasio originally said he wants a three-hour show for 60,000 fans and eight “iconic” musicians. He also previously said that there will be vaccinated and unvaccinated sections, and perhaps best of all: most of the tickets will be free. However, at least 70 percent of the fines will go to people who can show they received the vaccine.

“This will be a memorable and once-in-a-lifetime week in New York City,” the mayor said.

De Blasio enlisted the help of veteran music producer Clive Davis to carry it out.

“The concert will be in August. It will celebrate New York City’s summer comeback, and it will emphasize the point that there is nothing stopping in New York. It’s going to be a great lineup,” the mayor said last month. “I know it’s going to be a great lineup because we literally tapped one of the greatest figures in the history of the music industry, [el productor] Clive Davis, Brooklyn native”.

The mega concert will be part of a week celebrating New York City’s great comeback, which will include other major events planned across all five boroughs.

The week-long celebration is the brainchild of Danny Meyer, chairman of the Board of the New York City Economic Development Corporation, the mayor said, adding that Meyer has proven to be “legendary for the work he has done in the industry. hotel company and a great driver for New York City. “

“When he joined our team, he said, ‘Let’s do something that really puts all the pieces together, let’s have a week back home.’ And then we said, ‘What would be the focal point?” We decided to do something classic, iconic, a Massive concert in Central Park to celebrate New York City’s rebirth. “

.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.