Sigrid Solbakk Raabe (25) writes Norwegian music history.
Her second album, “How To Let Go”, goes straight into second place on the British album list on Friday night. It reports BBC.
As VG wrote Earlier this week, it was expected that the album would reach this position.
Sigrid’s first album, “Sucker Punch”, reached fourth place when it was released in 2019.
– This is just megastas. I am very proud and happy, writes Sigrid in a message to VG.
“How To Let Go” also goes straight to the top of the more domestic VG list.
The artist is also very pleased to reach first place in Norway:
– Absolutely wild with number one. I think it’s going to take a few days before this sinks in, but damn I’m just so happy !!!
– A dream for a long time
With the list placement in the UK now, Sigrid touches on the achievement of the greatest Norwegian pop name of all time, a-ha, managed in her time. Their first three albums all went to second place in the period 1985–1988.
– I almost run out of words, it’s completely raw, Sigrid reports.
Sunnmøringen says that she recently saw director Thomas Robsahm’s recent documentary about a-ha.
– It really touched me! What a great movie.
The UK is the world’s third largest music market, after the US and Japan.
– Being in the top three on the British list has been a dream for a long time, so I will really enjoy this, Sigrid states.
* VG comes with more