Paris-Nice in Isère, it is a rarity. In 78 editions (that of 2020 will be the 79th), the event occurred only once in the department, in 1994 to Vaujany. On the 12th of march next, the city is the birthplace of Hector Berlioz will be the second to see the arrival of the peloton of the race to the sun. On this day, cyclists will be left of Gannat in the Allier to the longest stage of this edition, 227 km up to The Côte-Saint-André, and the avenue Hector Berlioz. A step that should not escape the sprinters, with such a long last straight line of two miles.
After crossing the finish line cyclists, and in particular the French Thibaut Pinot and Julian Alaphilippe advertised on this edition, take the direction of Sorgues in the Vaucluse, where will be given the start of the 6th stage.
2020, the year of the bike and ASO, in the department of Isère
Paris-Nice will be only the appetizer of a year of biking in the department, as in July, the Tour de France will spend three days in the department of Isère, and that in the meantime, the Critérium du Dauphiné could also come there. Three races all of which are organised by the Amaury Sport Organisation, which has so much spoilt the department this year.
The stages of Paris-Nice 2020
- Sunday 8 march, 1st step : Fun > Fun, 154 km
- Monday, 9 march, – 2nd step : Chevreuse > Chalette-sur-Loing, 166,5 km
- Tuesday, march 10, 3rd stage : Chalette-sur-Loing > La Châtre, 212,5 km
- Wednesday, march 11, step 4 : Saint-Amand-Montrond > Saint-Amand-Montrond, 15.1 km (C. l. m individual)
- Thursday, 12 march, 5th step : Gannat > Côte-Saint-André, 227 km
- Friday 13 march, 6th step : Sorgues > Apt, 160,5 km
- Saturday, march 14, 7th stage Nice: > Valdeblore La Colmiane, 166,5 km
- Sunday, march 15, stage 8 : Nice > Nice, 113,5 km