World Germany re-introduced for the first time a containment local

Germany re-introduced for the first time a containment local

-

This decision comes after several hundred employees of a slaughterhouse have tested positive for the coronavirus in the canton of Gütersloh, in the west of the country.

After the discovery of an important centre of Covid-19, Gütersloh is barricade. For the first time, the German authorities announced a reconfinement at the local level, in the township of North Rhine-Westphalia, in the west of the country. It is here that more than 1500 cases of infections have been detected, in connection with a slaughterhouse, billed as the largest in Europe.

“We’re going to reintroduce a containment in the whole of the canton of Gütersloh”, which has approximately 360.000 inhabitants in the west of the country, said the press officer of the region, the North Rhine-Westphalia, Armin Laschet.

A strict limitation of contacts

This reconfinement, provided for in a first time until 30 June, will be translated by the strict limitation of contacts between people, the closure of bars, movie theaters, museums, the prohibition of recreational activities in closed spaces.

The restaurants will remain open, but not welcome as customers of the same household, said Armin Laschet, a potential successor to Angela Merkel and candidate for the leadership of their party, the christian democratic Union (CDU) in December.

These drastic measures, which involved ten days of the beginning of the school holidays in this area very populated and very industrialised, are intended “to calm down the situation” and “increased test” screening.

Nearly 7000 employees in the slaughterhouse

Germany was so far relatively spared by the virus to the difference of its european partners such as France, Italy or Spain. The country is in shock since the discovery of this outbreak of contamination in the slaughterhouse Tönnies, which employs close to Gütersloh 6700 people, many of them come from Bulgaria and Romania.

On Monday evening, the local authorities have announced that the 1553 people were infected by the Covid-19 in the township. Some 7,000 people have been placed under quarantine, 21 hospitalized, and 6 are in the care intensive.

>> More information to come on BFMTV.com in a few moments.

>> You will also find the direct BFMTV video and follow-nous on Twitter.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Latest news

Fahrettin Koca warned: worrying

Minister Koca, in his post on his Twitter account, stated that the news about the social distance rule was...

It is possible to enter the Warzone stadium with a simple glitch

Players from Warzone discovered a strange glitch for climbing inside the Verdansk Stadium.The Call of Duty: Warzone card hasn't...

Master bedroom is no longer allowed because of sexism and slavery

De term master bedroom should be captivated....

“United” wins in a result match, but “Chelsea” disturbs in the leading four of the English Premier League – Football – Apollo.lv – Sports

United defeated Bournemouth 5: 2 (3: 1) at home and climbed to fourth position, giving them the opportunity to...

Covid-19 – Warning of new swine flu in China

In China, researchers have discovered a new type of swine flu that could trigger a pandemic. The G4...

Must read

Fahrettin Koca warned: worrying

Minister Koca, in his post on his Twitter account,...

It is possible to enter the Warzone stadium with a simple glitch

Players from Warzone discovered a strange glitch for climbing...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you