Top priority goes to any patient who needs to be hospitalized and who is suspected of having Covid-19.
Lhe federal government has got it right. According to a press release obtained by RTL.be, an order of priority for performing coronavirus tests has been established.
1. Any patient who must be hospitalized and who is suspected of having Covid-19.
2. Any healthcare professional who fulfills the possible case definition and who cares for people at risk of developing a severe form of the disease.
3. Any healthcare professional who cares for people at risk of developing a severe form of the disease and who has respiratory symptoms and fever.
4. Any hospitalized / confined patient in a community with symptoms of respiratory infection.
5. Any newcomer to a community structure (for example: rest home, prison, foster home, etc.), presenting with respiratory symptoms at the time of registration.
Other people will also be able to carry out the tests according to the evolution of capacities in the coming times:
-All health professionals who meet the possible case definition.
-People fulfilling the possible case definition and who are in the category of people at risk.